Full time – January 2020 to March 2021*
Salary – c. £18000 per annum
Closing date for applications – 12 noon Monday 18th November
Interviews – expected week commending 2nd December
*Current contract runs to March 2020 but we will be seeking funding to extend the programme beyond that date.
About Beyond Brontës
As part of the Screen Yorkshire’s broader training offer, Beyond Brontës aligns with our ambition to grow a world-class screen industries hub of international significance in the Yorkshire and Humber region and to build a diverse, talented skilled workforce. Social mobility, diversity of thought, voices and experiences underpin the Beyond Brontës scheme. We want to build a cohort of young people with the skills, ideas, experience and confidence to enter a broadcast media landscape that is continually changing and evolving. You can read more about the programme here.
As Administrative Assistant, your main duties will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for enquiries to the Beyond Brontës programme and filtering enquiries as appropriate. This will require a confident telephone and communication manner
- Organising and maintaining Beyond Brontës databases, including careers resources, training providers, mentors, industry specialists and placement opportunities.
- You will need to help ensure the Beyond Brontës programme is compliant with GDPR and data protection legislation
- Using evaluation software, to track and gather Beyond Brontës programme data, and generate reports to help the Programme Manager monitor key aspects of the programme
- Organising meetings, both external and internal, participating and taking notes in those meetings, when required
- As directed by the Programme Manager, liaising with key partners and industry bodies nationally and regionally, including ScreenSkills, BFI, West Yorkshire College Consortium and Bradford UNESCO City of Film
- Issuing industry placement agreements and confirming industry placement interview arrangements
- Liaising with Screen Yorkshire’s Communications Manager to help develop communications activities which promote the Beyond Brontës programme and increase the programme’s reach across the Leeds City Region
- Working alongside the Programme Manager, ensuring regular communication with the Beyond Brontës participants
- Working with Screen Yorkshire’s finance team, coordinating and booking travel and accommodation for freelance trainers and/or speakers who contribute to the programme’s delivery
- Finding and booking training venues, caterers and technical support
- Attending Beyond Brontës events as required. This may include, occasionally, working out of normal office hours and/or at weekend for which time off in lieu is available
- Supporting the Programme Manager and the wider Screen Yorkshire team in other areas as required